He has grown up in a foreign country, yet has always been a Sri Lankan at heart. He entered the field of music with the aim of taking this little pearl of the Indian ocean to an International level. He is Stephan Niranga.
We can already see few of his visual creations within the field and we got to know that he hopes to come to his fans with other more swinging creations in the near future. While completing his studies in France, he devotes the rest of his time in making a group of Sri Lankan fans around him with his innovative creations. Here we give you the chat we had with this up coming talented artist.
1.To start our conversation, Could you give us a short introduction about your self ?
Hey guys, my name is Stephan Niranga Muthunamagonnage, I was born in Sri Lanka and raised in France as I left my motherland in my early ages ( 1 year old ) . My passion is music, and that's why i am here, to present my singing career. I am 22 years old, studying international commerce, so am talking many languages such as english, french, spanish, a bit of swedish and sinhalese of course. At the same time, I'm also working in an IMPORT EXPORT Company in Paris.
2. People call you as? (Any Nick name?)
My artist name is Stephan Neera, people call me Neera, or Steph for others.
3. How did you enter the Music industry?
I entered the music field when i was a kid. I started singing on stage in Paris when I was 9 year old. Then when the years were going on, I found out that singing was giving me a fantastic feeling. It became my hobby, specially RnB/Pop/Electro music, and as RnB/Pop/Electro is not a well known music in Sri lanka, I'd like to be the first artist to suceed in that way. I'm actually fan of Jay Sean, and his music attitude is the one I want to follow.
4. We would love it if you could tell us about your school life....
As I said before, I'm studying International Commerce. I've graduated this month of my 3 rd year. I first did a 2 year degree, then I did a 3rd year to have more experience. Next year I'll surely do an MBA in order to have a good job some days.
5. Do you love to follow new fashion trends in your ordinary life or do you prefer to be Simple ? If yes to follow new fashion what do you prefer most?
As I said before, I live in France, and more precisely in Paris, here the fashion trends usually change all the time, so it is quite hard to follow it, but I think I have my own style, a special clothing style that I would describe as charming and fashionable at the same time.
6: What cosmetics you recommend?
Cosmetics ? Dude are you serious I'm a guy, haha, but maybe I can tell you about my parfum. I don't recommand to ALL OF YOU "One Million of PACCO RABAN" because it is the best parfume ever and it is also my parfume so don't buy it . Just joking
7. Are you being careful about your food in order to maintain the figure ? What advices can you give to your fans regarding food?
I can't really say that I've been carefull recently ! I am often going to the gym, and taking care of my self, doing a lot of sports, but I've been lazy these days, so I think I should catch up the time and go back to do some sports before I become a couch potatoe
8. What is the most unforgettable incident in your life?
Wow, that's a quite hard question. I would say that I can't forget the day my eyes crossed my lover's eyes.
9. What do you think about love & tell us about your soul mate.
I think love is a special feeling that everyone should have in their lives. No one can deny that a life without love is not similar to a life without happiness. And about my soulmate, she is really special, she is the one am caring the most of, she is the one am taking all my decisions with, and she is the one to who I've decided to dedicate all my life.
10. What is the secret behind your success?
There is not secret, I tried and I succeeded, and I think everyone should try to realise their dreams one day, because if you have faith, you will always suceed.
11. Who is your role model ? & are you imitating someone?
I can't say that I'm immitating anyone, but I have to say that my idol is Jay Sean, and i would like to be an icone in music somedays, just like he became.
12. People do have these bitter incidents in their lives.. It's the same with every human being. I'm sure you must have had the same bitter experiences in life. Would you like to share one of them with us? Perhaps the worst one from them?
Bad things always happens, and I think that no one like to talk about that, so I will just keep it for my self, because I'm not here to make people sad.
13. Are you happy with whatever you've achieved so far in life?
Of course, I am always happy of what i achieved. We can only go forwad in life, no going back, because there is not time to waste, life is to short to be unhappy.
14. Advices to the new comers & to the people who are gonna join the industry ??
My advice is that everyone should try to fullfill their dreams, because everybody can suceed in life, with a bit of talent, and a bit of luck, these are the right ingredients to go on the top of the world.
15. What do you have to say to your fans? As a matured person in this particular industry what advices would you like to give to the new comers in the industry as well as to the people who have the desire to step in to the industry? It's the time to share your thoughts...
I would like to thank everybody who's following me, and everybody for all the lovely comments that i usually get. And I hope that you guys will enjoy my next songs & videos coming up soon ! I also would like to big a give thank to all the people who are helping me a lot, my familly, specially my mother, my love Diana Yureni Peiris, The Audio Lab Studio with Kaushik and Nisal, Patricia Kerner & Chaminda Livera, who've been helping me lot in my career and also all others who've been behind me. And thanks to Xtreme youth crew for this interview.
Here is a sneak peak of Stephan Neeras next music video release !!!!!
Here we have listed few of his previous music video products + an interview he had with one of the most popular music producers in Sri Lanka.
Mage langa Indanma : Click here
Kohedo Kelle : Click Here
Interview with Iraj : Click Here
Copyright © 2011 Xtream Youth. All rights reserved.
Written by Ignatious Jayathilake (Creative Writer at Xtream Youth)