'Venna Venusha' is simply a person who is engaged to serve the Sri Lankan entertainment field with the best of everything he does. At the age of 15 he started working with a group called " De Crew" as a rapper. He got to work with 'Pasan Liyanage' as he produced De Crew's first track, and Fill-T supported him with writing rhymes for it.. At the age of 16 (2006) he started djing at house parties, private gigs and as a mobile dj. Not forgetting the big name in the field, Dj Nishan Lee who tought him every single thing he needed to know about djing. Since all the mates in his music band were busy with their personal matters and because he didn't want to stop doing what he loved the most, he started continuing with Solo's. And at that time he met this amazingly talented music producer, Nipuna Pitigala.. and they thought of working together since both their intention was to do something unique in the Sri Lankan music industry. After a very long break, Venna came up with his very own track 'Ai ma rideuwe', which played on websites and had more than a thousand downloads. And he brought up his name again with his single " I see an angel " the track he did for his special one or in his words his 'angel'.. It touched more than a thousand hearts. And currently he is working on two other singles, and planning to do collaborations with his fam' "NEO RECORDS" and some other artists from Australia.
1. First of all can we have a small introduction about your self?
Just an ordinary guy who is really friendly, who always likes to make everyone around happy!
2. People call you as? (Any Nick name?)
VENNA! =D some people think it's my real name. hehe.
3. How did you enter the Music industry?
I officially stepped in to the music industry back in 2006 with “De Crew” and we did a track called suwadin with Pasan Liyanage.
4. We would love it if you could tell us about your school life....
I really wish I could back to those days. Actually I studied at three schools. Alethea international school, then Mahanama college Colombo 3. And I did London a/ls in Royal Institute Havelock. I had an amazing time when I was in mahanama and royal institute. I will never forget those days. J Missing my school mates badly.
5. Do you love to follow new fashion trends in your ordinary life or do you prefer to be Simple ? If yes to follow new fashion what do you prefer most?
I am a person who loves to be stylish. But I really don't follow a trend. I just love wearing what suits me and comfortable for me. I personally think no one should follow a trend because sometimes that trend/fashion would not suit that person.
6: What cosmetics you recommend?
Costmetics for men? Umm im not into them
7. Your idea about Sri Lanka..? What do you think?
Okay as a person who lives in abroad at the moment, I could say I really miss my mother Sri Lanka :) no doubt, it's the best place on this earth.
8. How do you spend your leisure time?
I love to talk with my friends. And listen to some good music.
9. What is the most unforgettable incident in your life?
There are heaps. But yeah the first day I performed as a dj infront of a crowd is just unforgettable. You know that happy feeling you get when they are enjoying/dancing your music is just amazing. and the day I got in
10. What do you think about love & tell us about your soul mate.
Love is the most amazing feeling anyone could feel. its not only about giving but getting something in return too.. Love can make you do anything and sacrifice anything, its such a powerful feeling.. Love is intense,and passionate. Everything seems brighter, happier and more wonderful when you're in love. If you find it, don't let it go. And yes I have already found it.
11. What is the secret behind your success?
Theres no secret.. it's just I never give up, and I do my best when it comes to anything.
12. Who is your role model ? & are you imitating someone?
There's so many. But when it comes to this sri lankan music industry, its Mr. Rookantha Gunathilake. and Im not imitating anyone and I will never. I find it pointless to imitate someone. Im just bringing up my own style and just doing the best I can.
13. People do have these bitter incidents in their lives.. It's the same with every human being. I'm sure you must have had the same bitter experiences in life. Would you like to share one of them with us? Perhaps the worst one from them?
True that .. everyone should have atleast one incident. There are many that I could say. This might sound bit kidish but yeah it was just really hurtful..since I just love all my friends .. it's the day that I found out some of my friends are spreading lies/fake things about me.
14. Are you happy with whatever you've achieved so far in life?
Yes I am really happy!
15.How many songs you've released [till now] ? are there any video songs? what about the latest release [if any available] ?
I have done 4 songs so far. And haven't done a video yet. But im planning to do a video for my song, “Yali ennam” in December :) and the latest release is rathwang dethol , it's a hip hop track, and nipuna pitigala featured me on it. And it has become really successful. Everyone is in love with it.
16. Advices to the new comers & to the people who are gonna join the industry ??
Theres only few I could say, don't do songs for just sake of it. Just bring up your style, because imitating someone is really pointless. If you do something new and good everyone will love your music.
17. What do you have to say to your fans? As a matured person in this particular industry what advices would you like to give to the new comers in the industry as well as to the people who have the desire to step in to the industry? It's the time to share your thoughts...
I just want to say thank you for all your comments, thanks for supporting me, you guys are my strength. And I promise you all that I would never disappoint any of you. i will always do my best and give good productions, songs for you to enjoy! J Join up my facebook fan page. KIT! Much Love
Join with V3NNA Venusha on facebook : Click here to join with his official fan page
Copyright © 2011 Xtream Youth. All rights reserved.
Written by Nalin Kariyawasam (Creative Writer at Xtream Youth)