First stepped into the music field at the age of 16 With the Song " Sihinaye ". He was the lyricist and the one who directed music for his song. It was a new thing for him to be in music because music have been apart of his life since his childhood. Later on he also was able to come out with the songs "Obe Adare" and " sihina Kumari " This guy is one of the real deals in NEO RECORDS. Got skills, the looks, and a lot more. Harin Lavint Lawantha officially joined NEO RECORDS on the 28th of August 2010. This happened after he did his 1st single "It's Ova & Done" with Nipuna aka Lil-NeO. The guy's a student of Ananda College and both Nipuna & Harin were best friends. Music is something Harin loves, to him it's a never ending story in his life... more awesome work from Harin aka Young Louzzy Awaits.
1.First of all can we have a small introduction about your self?
My name is Harin Lawantha, I live in Dehiwala, I was born in 1990, I'm an official member of NEO RECORDZ Love music more than my life.
2. People call you as? (Any Nick name?)
People know me as Harin & Also as Lavint, this is my stage name
3. How did you enter the Music industry?
First stepped into the music field at the age of 16 With the Song " Sihinaye ". I was the lyricist and the one who directed music for this song. It was a new thing for me to be in music because music has been a part of my life since my childhood. Later on I also was able to come out with the songs "Obe Adare" and " Sihina Kumari " after some time I found that my good friend Nipuna (Lil NeO) was in the business as well. I showed him what I can do and he took me under his Record Label in 2009. Since then we've been making HITS.
4. We would love it if you could tell us about your school life....
Well I attended to Ananda College, did my GCE Advance Levels in 2009. To be honest my school life was not that awesome, I don't know whether if it's my fault but I never had true friends in school. Except for my best buddies Neo and Adeesha Eshan every other friend was a fake one. So I'm taking a moment to thank my buddies Neo and Adeesha. I Don't want to talk about this subject for too long.
5. Do you love to follow new fashion trends in your ordinary life or do you prefer to be Simple ? If yes to follow new fashion what do you prefer most?
I love this new Superman T-Shirt trend, In to more Hip Hop wear plus I love growing my hair and I have to say no matter what I wear I never over do it, I'm never too much.
6: What cosmetics you recommend?
I'm a guy so I don't know much about cosmetics but I do use “Good Look Hair Spray and Styling Mousse” and I love the perfume brands “Davidoff Cool Water” and “Dunhill Black”.
7. Your idea about Sri Lanka..? What do you think?
If this is about our land I would say it's the most beautiful, unimaginable, magnificent country in the whole world. But if we are talking about this music here in Sri Lanka, then I'm a bit sad about it. Any how all I have to say is that I'm a Sri Lankan and I'm proud to be one.
8. How do you spend your leisure time?
Number one on my leisure time is listening to music, I listen to all kinds of music, love going out with my buddies, love to hang out with my sister and normally the common stuff guy in my age do.
9. What is the most unforgettable incident in your life?
I do have a lot of unforgettable moments in my life, but my first music video I did with the filmMINACUS crew was one of the best.
10. What do you think about love & tell us about your soul mate.
Never got to know it, haven't tested it yet. But I'm sure my soul mate will show me what true love really is. And I love her more than infinity's termination. Won't be saying much about her here.
11. What is the secret behind your success?
Spilling blood, sweat & tears plus hard work and determination.
12. Who is your role model ? & are you imitating someone?
First of all I'm all about Original, got my own style but I do have a role model and that's none other than my good friend Neo.
13. People do have these bitter incidents in their lives.. It's the same with every human being. I'm sure you must have had the same bitter experiences in life. Would you like to share one of them with us? Perhaps the worst one from them?
The only bitter incident I remember is my dad's death, though I was only 6 years old, I can remember that day like it was yesterday.
14. Are you happy with whatever you've achieved so far in life?
Yeah so far so good, I'm very happy with what I've achieved. But in the future I do have a lot to achieve.
15.How many songs you've released [till now] ? are there any video songs? what about the latest release [if any available] ?
I have released two songs outside the record label and three songs under the record label. I did videos for the 3 songs under the record label, one is released and two are pending. Latest releasers Will be MAE YAME Official Music Video & MA OBEI the 2nd Mobile Phone Music Video in Sri Lanka. Both of these videos are done by Skit Digital Productions.
16. Advices to the new comers & to the people who are gonna join the industry ??
17. What do you have to say to your fans? As a matured person in this particular industry what advices would you like to give to the new comers in the industry as well as to the people who have the desire to step in to the industry? It's the time to share your thoughts...
I have to thank my fans with all my heart. Because without them Harin Lawantha would have never succeed. Also have to say keep on commenting and downloading my songs and keep supporting NEO RECORDZ. Nipuna is the one who would give a good answer for this one but still I'm saying first get to know that you can sing well without trying to show off though you can't even sing. I have to advice the new comers to learn before doing something. And I'm taking this time to thank Xtream Youth for having this interview with Me. Peace out to everyone and much love.
Join with Harin Lavint on facebook : Click here to join with his official fan page
Copyright © 2011 Xtream Youth. All rights reserved.
Written by Nalin Kariyawasam (Creative Writer at Xtream Youth)